Top 8 Benefits of Going Solar
Nowadays, more and more Malaysians are using solar technology in the office and at home. However, not many consumers know the benefits of using this solar technology. Many consumers also consider this technology to be costly without considering long-term savings.
Now, we’ll tell you what the benefits are if you switch to solar technology. By knowing these advantages, we hope you will understand more about solar technology and make wise choices in the future.
Without further ado, here are Solarmuda Top 8 benefits of Going Solar:
1. Save Thousands of Ringgits
- Benefits of Going Solar no.1 is that you can save thousands of Ringgits. According to One Block Off the Grid, adding solar panels to your home can bring in yearly savings of well above RM1000.00.
2. Diverse Application
- Solar energy can be used for diverse purposes. You can generate electricity or heat. Solar Energy can be used to produce electricity in areas without access to the energy grid, to distill water in regions with limited clean water supplies and to power satellites in space. Solar Energy can also be integrated into the materials used for buildings.
3. Low Maintenance Costs
- Solar energy systems generally don’t require a lot of maintenance. You only need to keep them relatively clean, so cleaning them a couple of times per year will do the job. Most reliable solar panel will last up-to 15 to 20 years. Also as there are no moving parts, there is no wear and tear.
4. Save the Environment
- We know that the majority of homeowners choose to go solar because it makes good sense from a financial point of view. That being said, the environmental benefits are also clearly worth mentioning. The average residential solar system offset about 100,000 lbs of carbon dioxide in 20 years, the equivalent of driving a car for 100,000 miles.
5. Create Energy Independence
- We will inevitably run out of oil, coal and natural gas. While we continue our consumption of these increasingly expensive and dangerous energy source, our national security and economy suffers. Solar is one step in the right direction.
6. Solar energy reduces respiratory and cardio health issues
- One of the biggest Benefits of Going Solar is that it results in very few air pollutants. AnA�analysis by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) found that widespread solar adoption would significantly reduce nitrous oxides, sulfur dioxide, and particulate matter emissions, all of which can cause health problems. NREL found that, among other health benefits, solar power results in fewer cases of chronic bronchitis, respiratory and cardiovascular problems, and lost workdays related to health issues. The benefits of solar energy are clear. Not only can you save moneyon your electric bills , you can also reduce your carbon footprint and improve the health of those around you.
7. Solar energy decreases greenhouse gas emissions
- Generating electricity with solar power instead of fossil fuels can dramatically reduce greenhouse gas emissions, particularly carbon dioxide (CO2). Greenhouse gases, which are produced when fossil fuels are burned, lead to rising global temperatures and climate change. Climate change already contributes to serious environmental and public health issues in the Northeast, including extreme weather events, rising sea levels, and ecosystem changes.
- By going solar, you can reduce the demand for fossil fuels, limit greenhouse gas emissions, and shrink your carbon footprint. One home installing a solar energy system can have a measurable effect on the environment. According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, the average home with solar panels uses 8,756 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity per year. Switching from fossil fuels to solar power in the state has the same emissions reduction effect as planting 155 trees every year.
- In New York, the average home uses 7,092 kWh of electricity annually. Choosing a clean source of electricity like solar panels can eliminate the same amount of carbon emissions that would result from burning 5,253 pounds of coal each year
8. Solar is Easy
- To go solar has never before been easier. Our team of independent solar consultants will help you sort through your options. To see how much you can save, and for all other solar questions, request a free consultation. Theres no obligation.
error: Content is protected !!