What are the reasons why so many homeowners choose to go solar these days? Without further ado, here`s Solarmuda Top 8 Benefits of Going Solar:
1. Save Thousands of Ringgits
- Benefits of Going Solar no.1 is that you can save thousands of Ringgits. According to One Block Off the Grid, adding solar panels to your home can bring in yearly savings of well above RM1000.00.
2. Diverse Application
- Solar energy can be used for divers purposes. Your can generate electricity or heat. Solar Energy can be used to produce electricity in areas without access to the energy grid, to distill water in regions with limited clean water supplies and to power satellite in space. Solar Energy can also be integrated into the materials used for buildings.
3. Low Maintenance Costs
- Solar energy systems generally dona��t require a lot of maintenance. You only need to keep them relatively clean, so cleaning them a couple of times per year will do the job. Most reliable solar panel will last upto 15 to 20 years. Also as there are no moving parts, there is no wear and tear.
4. Save the Environment
- We know that the majority of homeowners choose to go solar because it makes good sense from a financial point of view. That being said, the environmental benefits are also clearly worth mentioning. The average residential solar system offset about 100,000 lbs of carbon dioxide in 20 years, the equivalent of driving a car for 100,000 miles.
5. Create Energy Independence
- We will inevitably run out of oil, coal and natural gas. While we continue our consumption of these increasingly expensive and dangerous energy source, our national security and economy suffers. Solar is one step in the right direction.
6. Solar energy reduces respiratory and cardio health issues
- One of the biggest Benefits of Going Solar is that it results in very few air pollutants. AnA�analysis by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) found that widespread solar adoption would significantly reduce nitrous oxides, sulfur dioxide, and particulate matter emissions, all of which can cause health problems. NREL found that, among other health benefits, solar power results in fewer cases of chronic bronchitis, respiratory and cardiovascular problems, and lost workdays related to health issues. The benefits of solar energy are clear. Not only can youA�save moneyA�on your electric bills , you can also reduce your carbon footprint and improve the health of those around you.
7. Solar energy decreases greenhouse gas emissions
- Generating electricity with solar power instead of fossil fuels can dramatically reduce greenhouse gas emissions, particularly carbon dioxide (CO2). Greenhouse gases, which are produced when fossil fuels are burned, lead to rising global temperatures and climate change. Climate changeA�already contributesA�to serious environmental and public health issues in the Northeast, including extreme weather events, rising sea levels, and ecosystem changes.
- By going solar, you can reduce demand for fossil fuels, limit greenhouse gas emissions, and shrink your carbon footprint. One home installing a solar energy system can have a measurable effect on the environment. According to theA�U.S. Energy Information Administration, the average home withA�solar panels uses 8,756 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity per year.A�SwitchingA�from fossil fuels to solar power in the state has the same emissions reduction effect as planting 155 trees every year.
- In New York, the average home uses 7,092 kWh of electricity annually. Choosing a clean source of electricity like solar panels can eliminate the same amount of carbon emissions that would result from burning 5,253 pounds of coal each year
8. Solar is Easy
- To go solar has never before been easier.A�Our team of independent solar consultants will help you sort through your options. To see how much you can save, and for all other solar questions, request a free consultation. Therea��s no obligation.